Tamiya 1/10 Grasshopper Re-Release Off Road Buggy Kit
- Calculated at Checkout
Based on 1-seater buggies seen tearing-up dirt tracks across the U.S. in the 80's, the Grasshopper first made its appearance in R/C stores in 1984. Boasting easy assembly and easy control, the lightweight Grasshopper proved an instant hit as the perfect entry level R/C kit. Also compatible with a whole range of option parts such as 540 motor and ball bearings, the Grasshopper was an entry level car that could keep up with the owners driving experience. Packed with all the fantastic features of the original kit, this fun 2WD buggy is a blast on both off-road and on-road tracks. Whether it was your first or will be your first, the Grasshopper guarantees to please.
The perfect combination of simple assembly and tough exterior is what made the Grasshopper so special. Durable plastic body is fastened to bathtub resin monocoque chassis by screws, creating a solid frame that can absorb any type of rough handling. Off-road tracks can be tackled with ease thanks to coil spring dampers, and independent swing axle front and rigid axle rear suspension. Diff loaded sealed gearbox keeps out the dirt and stones for smooth driving and cornering. Paddle style rear tires and grooved front tires combine with 3-piece assembly type wheels for excellent grip performance on dirt tracks. Half-body driver figure adds that finishing touch to a fun off-road R/C car.
*Photos for reference only.
- Scale 1/10
- Construction type assembly kit
- Terrain use off-road
- Drive-train 2WD RWD
- Drive type gearbox
- Drive line solid axle
- Differential type gear
- Suspension independent front/solid axle rear
- Steering mechanism direct servo
- Shock damper friction damper
- Shock damper material plastic
- Tire type rubber
- Tire tread pin spike
- Body material Clear Polycarbonate
- Chassis material plastic
- Electronic Speed Control (ESC) included
- ESC model TEU-101BK
- LED Light buckets no
- LED lights no
- Motor 380-brushed type
- Bearings metal and plastic bushings
- Adjustable camber fixed
- Adjustable toe angles front only
- Adjustable ground clearance fixed
- Adjustable gear ratio fixed
- Adjustable wheelbase fixed
- Adjustable track width fixed
- Adjustable shock angle fixed
- Special feature 1 Length: 389mm
- Special feature 2 width: 223mm
- Special feature 3 height: 135mm
- Special feature 4 weight: 830g
- Special feature 5 380 type motor (chassis compatible with 540 type motor - sold separately)
- Special feature 6 Transmission Type: Rear 2 Wheel Drive
- Special feature 7 Independent swing axle front suspension, rolling rigid axle rear suspension
- Special feature 8 Sealed rear gearbox to protect diff gear during off-road running
- 7.2 battery & charger
- Requires B 2-channel radio gear
- Requires C TS plastic model paint
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.