Tamiya 1/32 VOUGHT F4U-1D CORSAIR
- Calculated at Checkout
VOUGHT F4U-1D CORSAIR
This is the D variant of the popular Corsair World War II fighter plane. It uses new parts to recreate features specific to the F4U-1D, which was the first Corsair to be cleared for use on aircraft carriers. This fighter-bomber could carry drop tanks on new hard points under the wing root, and up to 8 rockets under the outer wing. It provided invaluable close support for ground troops during landings in places such as the Philippines and Okinawa, and continued to serve after WWII, in Korea.
F4U-1D Specific Detail differences from previous variants:
1. The semi-bubble canopy was altered during production to remove upper side frames and improve visibility.
2. Propeller blades were thicker from the root.
3. Hardpoints under the wing root allowed carrying of bombs and drop tanks.
4. The tail wheel cover had a new fairing to improve aerodynamics.
5. Outer wing sections had extended metal areas with mounts for eight rockets total.
6. Cockpit floor window was scrapped.
• 1/32 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• New parts recreating 1D-specific features.
• Gull wings can be assembled extended or folded.
• The model can be assembled as parked or airborne, with relevant landing gear, tail wheel and strut parts for both included, as well as a stand.
• Comes with both seated and standing pilot figures.
• Photo-etched parts included for added realism.
• Marking options (2 total) for VF-84 (Navy) and VMF-351 (US Marine Corps) aircraft included.
• Includes the 12-page B5 full color booklet from previous 1/32 Corsair models.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.